I have been using the xv6700 for a few weeks now, and I thought I post a quck review. I just upgraded from the xv6600 and I love this Pocket PC phone.
• Smaller and easier to handle
• One handed operation much easier
• Windows Mobile 5 is very cool.
• Auto rotation for slide out keyboard.
• USB Charger
• Extra wall charger cable
• Great Resolution
• Bluetooth feature works better with hands free devices then 6600
• Notification popups are very nice
• Quality of phone calls is improved from the 6600.
• GREAT KEYBOARD. For such a small PDA phone, the keyboard is great. Big improvement over the 6600.
• Stylist stays in much better. The one in the 6600 keeps falling out.
• Power Point and New camera apps are great additions.
• WiFi is a great additional feature and easy to use.
• Super Cool looks. This is my first PDA phone that my wife has not made fun of me for. She even think its cute.
• Using keyboard numbers and special characters much more intuitive.
• Media Player much improved.
• Camera resolution is much better.
• Wireless sync rocks. It is easy to setup and is rock solid.
• Keyboard does not slides out so smoothly.
• Smaller screen is harder to see than the 6600
• Some apps will not install on WM5
• Phone does not slide on cradle smoothly. It can take some fumbling to get it in.
• Speaker on 6700 for listening to recordings aloud is not as good as the 6600.
• Does not have the Calendar or Contact button. I find myself going to Start button more, and then going to these programs.
• Keyboard backlight is less useful than it could be. I see the glow of the letters just fine, but can not read them all.
• Black finish leaves all kinds of prints and finger marks. The Sprint silver version does not show as many prints.
• Can be slow at times. I was hoping for a little speed boost.
• Head phone jack is on the bottom. When I have it im my Nutshell case, I have to put it in upside down.
• Minisd is more expensive, and I could not use my current 1 gig sd card.
• I could not get the WiFi on with out turning off my phone connection. This is a real pain, since I can not receive calls when surfing on a WiFi connection.
• I would like to be able to remove the bar on the bottom of the screen for the soft keys when in landscape. It takes a lot of real estate.
• Joystick sticks up just a little high making it snag in pockets and my Nutshell belt case from time to time.
• The delay on the camera button is a little annoying.
Bottom line is that I love it, much more like a phone than other PDAs that I have used. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who uses a PDA.